Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stephen King & Shooter Jennings.

Looks like I'll have something fun to add to my Stephen King collection. (Right now the fav in my collection is a pop-up book of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon.)

Shooter's new album is a 70-minute concept album entitled "Black Ribbons." Stephen lends his voice to the project - he is "Will O' The Wisp" a late-night talk radio host.

Get this, "Will" is delivering the last hour of his broadcast before the government takes over transmissions so he is ranting and making points with the music of Shooter's new band, Heirophant. (I am sooooo right now pictuing Ray Flowers last broadcast in The Stand, aren't you?)

Apparently Shooter has had the album ready for almost a year, but he needed to find the right voice for "Will." He eventually got Stephen on board, but they've never met. "To this day I've never met or spoken to Mr. King. Someone who had business contacts with him put us in touch and I presented my ideas to him."

The internet was very helpful in the collaboration. "Through a string of e-mails, we went back and forth about the character and the story of the album, and the few weeks later I had a recording of several voiceover clips called 'The Last Night Of The Last Light' on my doorstep."

March 2nd it's coming out! I cannot wait!!