Friday, January 22, 2010

The Decades Best - and it's NOT Taylor :p

The L.A. Times Ultimate Top 10 entertainers has Celine Dion at the head of their list, but it's Kenny Chesney who's right behind her. The list looks at most money made - from concert tickets (Kenny woulda beat Celine if his tickets were priced higher I bet) and album sales only. Not counted for this list = merchandise sales, endorsement and licensing deals, ring tones, and other income sources. The paper calls Kenny a "road warior" as his place on the list as almost two-thirds of his income comes from his tours. Kenny says, "I don't think in terms of promoting or working ... I think about the music I want to make, the kind of shows I want to do -- and how to give those fans the things that I wanted from the artists I loved when I was growing up."

Tim McGraw has the number nine spot. He would have come in 14th, but he was given an extra $95-million towards his earnings from his half of the "Soul2Soul" tours with wife Faith.


"The Los Angeles Times'" Ultimate Top 10 of the Decade

1. Celine Dion, 747-point-nine-million-dollars
2. Kenny Chesney, 742-million-dollars
3. Dave Matthews Band, 737-point-four-million-dollars
4. The Beatles, 627-point-three-million-dollars
5. U2, 609-point-seven-million-dollars
6. Toby Keith, 591-point-nine-million-dollars
7. Bruce Springsteen, 588-point-three-million-dollars
8. The Rolling Stones, 569-point-six-million-dollars
9. Tim McGraw, 550-point-seven-million dollars
10. Britney Spears, 494-point-three-million-dollars