Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Charlie Daniels Doing Well After a Mild Stroke


WHEW!


While snowmobiling in Colorado on Friday (where he's been vacationing since 12/27) Charlie had a mild stroke. He was treated at Mercy Regional Medical Center in Durango, CO then airlifted to Swedish Medical Center in Denver, CO. He was then released from Swedish Medical Center on Sunday and returned to his home.



Charlie must be feeling good 'cuz he has no plans to cancel his concert dates when they start up again at the end of February in Florida.


UPDATE 1/25/10

Charlie posted on his "Soapbox" blog and I wanted to share that with you.

"I'm doing fine and I want to thank all of you who got the news and prayed for me. I have seen the hand of God extended over me in the past when I was in a dangerous situation and I knew He was near." When it came to those getting him help as quickly as possible he says, "There were so many things that made me know that God was ordering our steps, everthing worked like clockwork." He's feeling good, and says, "The only effect that it seemed to have left behind was a numbness in my left hand and a stiffness in my left arm." The docs say the feeling will return on its own.

Charlie says, "One of the first things I did when I came home from the hospital in Denver was to pick up my guitar and make sure my fingers still work on it."

Charlie says, "What the heck, I may take up skydiving next -- who knows."