Friday, January 8, 2010

Sorry Miley - You ARE a Role Model

Miley is aggravating me at the moment. She is on the cover of the new issue of Harpers Bazaar, and in the article in the mag she says she hates being a role model.

She says, "My job isn't to tell your kids how to act or how not to act, because I'm still figuring that out for myself. So to take that away from me is a bit selfish. Your kids are going to make mistakes whether I do or not. That's just life."

Uh, Miley - hate to break this to you, but when you are the most popular teenager on the planet, when young children across the globe worship the ground you walk on, you are a role model. Sure, you are still trying to figure it out, but since it was your choice to be in the public eye while you are "trying to figure it out" then you have to realize that you have a responsibility to all those young eyes that look at you. You can't just take their money (well there parents) and expect it to end there. I'm sorry if that means you are going to get flack for taking pix of yourself (and your exposed tummy) on your cell, or making slanty eyes when you shouldn't, but this is the life that you chose.

With your unprecedented popularity comes responsibility. To quote you, "that's just life."