Thursday, November 5, 2009

NEW KENNY ROGERS MUSIC


Kenny Rogers has a new three-disc retrospective out.


"Kenny Rogers: The First 50 Years" is broke down in a very interesting way.


There's the Duets disc, the Story Songs disc (which will be my fav) and then the Love Songs disc. Kenny says, "If you kind of break down the hits I've had, I think the love songs say what every man would like to say and every woman would like to hear."


There are some never-before-released songs in the set.


On the Love Songs disc you'll find "Loving You Is a Natural Thing To Do."

On the Duets disc is a new song with Dolly Parton "Tell Me That You Love Me."

On theStory Songs disc is the previously unreleased "Goodbye."


Kenny wants us to know that he has no plans of retiring, saying, "The great thing about all of this is that it represents the first 50 years of my music career. I'm currently working on the next."


"Kenny Rogers: The First 50 Years" Track Listing

DISC 1: DUETS
1. "Islands in the Stream" featuring Dolly Parton
2. "Make No Mistake, She's Mine" featuring Ronnie Milsap
3. "We've Got Tonight" featuring Sheena Easton
4. "What About Me?" featuring Kim Carnes and James Ingram
5. "Owe Them More Than That" featuring Tim McGraw
6. "'Til I Can Make It on My Own" featuring Dottie West
7. "Calling Me Kenny Rogers featuring Don Henley
8. "Real Love" featuring Dolly Parton
9. "Every Time Two Fools Collide" featuring Dottie West
10. "If I Ever Fall in Love Again" featuring Anne Murray
11. "All I Ever Need Is You" featuring Dottie West
12. "If I Knew Then What I Know Now" featuring Gladys Knight
13. "Don't Fall in Love With A Dreamer" featuring Kim Carnes
14. "If I Were You" featuring Travis Tritt
15. "Tell Me That You Love Me" - featuring Dolly Parton - previously unreleased

DISC 2: STORY SONGS
1. "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town" - Kenny Rogers and the First Edition
2. "Lucille"
3. "Reuben James" - Kenny Rogers and the First Edition
4. "Sweet Music Man"
5. "The Gambler"
6. "Abraham, Martin and John" / "Precious Memories" (Medley)
7. "Coward of the County"
8. "San Francisco Mabel Joy"
9. "Scarlet Fever"
10. "Twenty Years Ago"
11. "The Factory"
12. "Ol' Red"
13. "The Greatest"
14. "Harder Cards"
15. "Goodbye" - previously unreleased

DISC 3: LOVE SONGS
1. "She Believes in Me"
2. "I Don't Need You"
3. "Love Will Turn You Around"
4. "You Decorated My Life"
5. "Lady"
6. "Love The World Away"
7. "Crazy"
8. "I Prefer The Moonlight"
9. "A Love Song"
10. "Beautiful (All That You Could Be)"
11. "The Vows Go Unbroken (Always True To You)"
12. "Morning Desire"
13. "Through the Years"
14. "Buy Me a Rose," featuring Alison Krauss and Billy Dean
15. "Loving You Is a Natural Thing To Do" - previously unreleased