Wednesday, November 11, 2009

43rd Annual CMA's

ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR:
Kenny Chesney
Brad Paisley
George Strait
Taylor Swift (fab that she is here - and I wanna pick her! So WTH I'm picking her!)
Keith Urban

FEMALE VOCALIST:
Miranda Lambert
Martina McBride
Reba McEntire
Taylor Swift
Carrie Underwood (I just see her as again having the best year - so she will tie Martina & Reba with 4 wins - and tie Reba for 4 in a row!)

MALE VOCALIST:
Kenny Chesney
Brad Paisley
Darius Rucker
George Strait
Keith Urban (UGH! It's him or Brad and I'm going with Keith this year - tough call!)

NEW ARTIST:
Randy Houser
Jamey Johnson
Jake Owen
Darius Rucker (3 straight number ones and a 4th on the way from his debut country album - he's gotta win!)
Zac Brown Band

VOCAL GROUP:
Eagles
Lady Antebellum (I'm going with Lady A to upset Rascal Flatts! LOVE THEM!)
Little Big Town
Rascal Flatts
Zac Brown Band

VOCAL DUO:
Big & Rich
Brooks & Dunn (I think they win this one last time! Thou really, I bet they get nominated next year 'cuz they are touring next year Shoot, now I am rethinking and may go with who I want to win - Sugarland - check back later to see if I change my mind :)
Joey & Rory
Montgomery Gentry
Sugarland (I'm picking Sugarland!)

SINGLE OF THE YEAR:
Zac Brown Band -- "Chicken Fried"
Lady Antebellum -- "I Run To You"
Jamey Johnson -- "In Color"
Billy Currington -- "People Are Crazy" (I gotta pick the song that even my honey likes :)
Brad Paisley -- "Then"

ALBUM OF THE YEAR:
Brad Paisley -- "American Saturday Night"
Keith Urban -- "Defying Gravity"
Taylor Swift -- "Fearless"
Sugarland -- "Love on the Inside" (My fav on this list - but Fearless will prolly win)
Jamey Johnson -- "That Lonesome Song"

SONG OF THE YEAR (goes to songwriters):
Zac Brown Band and Wyatt Durette -- "Chicken Fried"
Randy Travis -- "I Told You So" (teamed with Carrie this song really got a boost)
Jamey Johnson, Lee Thomas Miller and James Otto -- "In Color"
Bobby Braddock and Troy Jones -- "People Are Crazy"
Brad Paisley, Chris DuBois and Ashley Gorley -- "Then"

MUSICAL EVENT:
Brooks & Dunn feat. Reba McEntire -- "Cowgirls Don't Cry"
Kenny Chesney with Mac McAnally -- "Down The Road"
Brad Paisley with Keith Urban -- "Start a Band"
Lee Ann Womack with George Strait -- "Everything But Quits"
Carrie Underwood feat. Randy Travis -- "I Told You So" (adding Carrie changes this song for the better)
The Raconteurs feat. Ricky Skaggs and Ashley Monroe -- "Old Enough"

MUSIC VIDEO:
Randy Houser -- "Boots On"
Taylor Swift -- "Love Story"
Billy Currington -- "People Are Crazy"
Brad Paisley with Keith Urban -- "Start a Band"
George Strait -- "Troubadour"

MUSICIAN OF THE YEAR:
Eddie Bayers -- Drums
Paul Franklin -- Steel Guitar
Dann Huff -- Guitar
Brent Mason -- Guitar
Mac McAnally -- Guitar