Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Judds Might Tour in 2010!


The Judds had to retire in 1991 (I know, almost 20 years ago!) when Naomi contracted hepatitis C - and as you can imagine, she has missed the stage, well, more like the love from the crowd.


They performed at last summer's CMA Music Fest and Wynonna said, "We sang for 50,000 people, and they sang back to us and it was a holy moment. On the drive home I thought, 'You know, I really appreciate where I've come from and the people do too, and they love the Judds music and it hasn't disappeared.' I just thought, 'You know, I think it's time.'"


Wynonna told Billboard magazine, "We are 'in talks,' so there's nothing that's been defined yet. I just felt it in my spirit. A couple weeks ago I said, 'It's 2010. It's been 25 years. It's take-your-mother-to-work year.' It just feels like it's the right time. She'll be 64 in January, and I think it's time - not the whole year, but it's just going to be a way to celebrate her."


I'll keep you updated on this very exciting news. Maybe we'll see them give Sugarland a run for their money at next years CMA's!