Friday, November 5, 2010

Snap Fitness Update

Week Number Three is officially in the books!

It's still early in the process but I'm really seeing some progress.

I can feel the burn from my workouts and I can also see that my main goal is starting to be reached.

Remember, my main goal has nothing to do with the scale or a size but is instead about changing a habit. My goal is to get to the point where I want to go work out - since exercise has never been my thing. My thing has always been a good book, the couch (or bed - I like to lay across the bed and read - especially that comfy Verlo) and TV.

I know a few times about 3pm I've felt my mind grasping for excuses not to go to Snap Fitness, but I have an appointment twice a week with my trainer - and if I would only go on the two nights we meet I would be really cheating myself.

Keith has really been working me hard! OMG - I didn't realize how strong I was. And right now I'm doing 225 situps three times a week! I can't imagine doing more than that right now - but I know I'll get there. And, while the resistance training is hard I feel really good when it's all over! LOL For the obvious reason, but also the sense of accomplishment is amazing.

I've also been walking Dingo every night. There's really no choice in the matter. Now that she is feeling better she really won't let us not take her for a jaunt through the neighborhood. But she isn't a young pup anymore and those walks are slow. So I find myself wanting to take a more serious walk. One where I'm exerting myself. Breathing hard. Getting the heart rate up. So last night after we walked I dropped her off and then turned around and went for a real walk. It helps that November is my favorite time of the year for walking. I love the crisp air in the low 30's. The smell of wood furnaces, and the sound of leaves crunching, along with the chilly wind makes for a most excellent walk.

As I walked last night I realized that I was starting to hit that goal of wanting to exercise. I actually would have felt terrible with just the little Dingo walk. (Yesterday was my day off from Snap Fitness after spending Mon, Tue, and Wed there.)

I know I have a long ways to go - that it's only been three weeks. And tough times are ahead. But I feel confident about what I can accomplish.

I feel confident that my goals are realistic and within reach!

I would love to see you out at Snap Fitness too - so join me!