Thursday, February 18, 2010

Garth or Vince to Replace Simon on Idol?

Simon Cowell is saying goodbye to Idol after this season and Kara DioGuardi is floating, what I think, is a good idea for replacing him.

Forget about Howard Stern (that's me), how about Garth Brooks or Vince Gill?

Kara DioGuardi told BuzzSugar.com "I can even see someone from the country world, maybe a Garth Brooks or a Vince Gill."

She has a very valid point too, saying, "I think a lot of people that love country music tune in; they're a large part of our audience, so I think that would be an interesting flip on it."

Country music does like Idol - Carrie Underwood is one of their hugest stars (if not their biggest). Then there's the gal who's coming to The Dodge County Fair this year Kellie Pickler, also Bucky Covington, Danny Gokey, and Phil Stacey.

I don't think John Rich would want to do it after his debacle with Nashville Star when it floated to NBC.