Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Big Machine Signs Barbara Jean

Well, Melissa Peterman who played Barbara Jean on Reba McEntire's sitcom "Reba." You also might remember her as the host of two CMT shows, "The Singing Bee," and "CMT Comedy Stage."


She'll be making a comedy album and says, "I have always wanted to be a recording artist mostly because I really want a tour bus. I hear those things are a party on wheels." That, of course, was a joke, but seriously she adds, "The truth is I love what I do and to get a chance to share my stand-up with fans who haven't had the opportunity to see me live is very cool. I am absolutely thrilled to be a part of the BMR team and am so excited about releasing my first comedy CD on a label with such a great track record."


Melissa has been on the road this winter opening shows for the George Strait-Reba McEntire-Lee Ann Womack tour.