Thursday, February 4, 2010

Country Stars Act

Carrie Underwood is making her acting debut next month on the fabulously funny How I Met Your Mother (Monday nights at 7 on CBS). And now she is going to make her movie acting debut in Soul Surfer.

Do you remember the story from a few years ago about Bethany Hamilton, the young (13) surfer who lost her arm to a 14-foot tiger shark? She went on to win professional surfing contests just 19 months after surviving something that would have killed me from a heart attack!

A couple of weeks ago Kevin Sorbo let it slip on Twitter, but it's official now.

Anna Sophia Robb will play Bethany, Helen Hunt and Dennis Quaid will play her parents, and Carrie will be a youth leader from Bethany's church.

Carrie is headed to Hawaii to start work on it this week. (man if I were her I would so be running over to the LOST set during all my free time just begging to be an extra. Seriously, guys, have me get killed by Smokey, a flaming arrow or something in the coming war!)



Taylor Swift (who has a part in Valentine's Day coming out next Friday) has expressed interest in having a part in Glee. She says, "I'm really loving Glee right now ... If it did happen, I'd love to see what they would do with me." Taylor has become friends with Cory Montieth (Finn) so she has someone who can keep whispering in the right peoples ears until it happens.
Hey Taylor, Vampire Diaries wants you as a vampire desperately, so call them and tell them your in - I think that would be fun, fun, fun!