Thursday, January 8, 2009

People's Choice Awards

Did you watch the show? I confess to just channel surfing over. Bones and Patrick Swayze had my attention last night. Love Bones and Patrick, and I cried buckets over both!


I do have the winners and pictures (because that's the best part anyway!) I was lucky to see Carrie Underwood win Fav. Female, Robin Williams win Scene Stealer, and Goldie Hawn, I mean Kate Hudson win. (seriously that girl looks just like her mom! See the picture to the right as proof.)





So here's the important stuff.







Carrie Underwood looking stunning on the red carpet!




A complete list of winners at the 35th annual People's Choice Awards:


_ Movie: "The Dark Knight" (the most amazing movie I have seen this year! I hope it wins an Oscar for Heath Ledger - I didn't see the Indian Jones movie, which shocks so many people, but I did see the other competition to Dark Knight Iron Man and thought that was a spectacular movie too - I am such a geek!)
_ Family movie: "WALL-E"
_ Action movie: "The Dark Knight"
_ Comedy movie: "27 Dresses"
_ Drama movie: "The Secret Life of Bees"
_ Independent movie: "The Secret Life of Bees"
_ Favorite cast: "The Dark Knight"
_ Male movie star: Will Smith
_ Leading man: Brad Pitt
_ Male action star: Will Smith
_ Female movie star: Reese Witherspoon
_ Leading lady: Kate Hudson
_ Female action star: Angelina Jolie
_ On-screen matchup: Christian Bale and Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight"
_ Superhero: Christian Bale as Batman, "The Dark Knight"
_ TV drama: "House"
_ TV comedy: "Two and a Half Men"
_ TV animated comedy: "The Simpsons"
_ Sci-fi/fantasy show: "Heroes" (I love this show, but the winner should have been the most amazing show on TV - when LOST isn't on - and that would be Supernatural!!!!! The other show up was also awesome - Terminator: The Sarah Connors Chronicles. But Supernatural should have won!!!! - but since it is on the CW and not a big network like NBC it doesn't quite have the same numbers watching - but you should be!)
_ Reality show: "Dancing With the Stars"
_ Game show: "Deal or No Deal"
_ Male TV star: Hugh Laurie (ladies - could you not melt in those eyes?)
_ Female TV star: Christina Applegate
_ Talk show host: Ellen DeGeneres
_ Scene-stealing guest star: Robin Williams, "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit"
_ TV drama diva: Kyra Sedgwick as Brenda Johnson, "The Closer"
_ New TV comedy: "Gary Unmarried"
_ New TV drama: "The Mentalist"
_ Male singer: Chris Brown (BOOOO!!! Sorry Chris, but Brad Paisley was my first choice, with Kenny Chesney coming in 2nd)
_ Female singer: Carrie Underwood (at least they got this one right!)
_ Group: Rascal Flatts (and this one!)
_ R&B song: Alicia Keys, "No One"
_ Pop song: Katy Perry, "I Kissed a Girl"
_ Rock song: Kid Rock, "All Summer Long" (this is a great song but since it's not really original Coldplay's "Viva La Vida" should have won!)
_ Country song: Carrie Underwood, "Last Name"



Carrie Accepting for Fav. Female Singer.







To the right is Carrie in the dress she wore to perform "I Know You Won't" and also with Gary LeVox of Rascal Flatts.



_ Hip-hop song: Flo Rida featuring T-Pain, "Low"
_ Combined forces: Jordin Sparks featuring Chris Brown, "No Air"
_ Song from a soundtrack: "Mamma Mia" from "Mamma Mia!"
_ Funny male star: Adam Sandler
_ Funny female star: Tina Fey
_ Star under 35: Carrie Underwood
_ Online sensation: "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog" (if you missed this you really missed something. I missed part 3 but the first two parts were absolute gems! I hope that SNL does a skit on it this weekend when Neil Patrick Harris hosts!)
_ User-generated video: "Barack Roll"




Here are a few of the outfits I really liked. Paris Hilton's dress was just pretty! I want it. Queen Latifah looked great, and I loved the trousersuit Katherine Heigel wore. (I bet Barney on How I Met Your Mother would approve of her "suiting up!")





I hate to be catty but I really disliked what Terri Hatcher was wearing. Well, I think the dress was OK, but on her gaunt frame with that icky hairstyle I just wanted to run out and buy her a sandwich.