Monday, January 5, 2009

Country Music News

WYNONNA JUDD has been in the biz for 25 years! How will she celebrate this anniversary? By doing what she does best, releasing an album - her 7th album. It will be called "Sing" and it comes out February 3rd. Wynonna says she hopes the songs will effect her fans emotionally, "I think that's what my job is, is to get people to stop with the facade, to lift the veil and to get real."

Did you watch AMERICAN IDOL last season? What did you think of Kristy Lee Cook? To be honest, I wasn't a fan, but I thought her first effort "15 Minutes of Shame" was pretty good. It will be the last song we hear from her for awhile though as she was let go by her record label recently. But, she is in talks with major label for a new deal. Kristy was signed with Arista records-home to Carrie Underwood and Alan Jackson. She told the Grant Pass' Daily Courier, "We're kind of glad that we got released because we weren't getting the attention we need." I guess Arista just wasn't that interested because this was her second time with the label---she was first signed to Arista back when she was just 17. (I remember a bunch of Idol fans were pretty upset about some of the talent last season already having a shot at being a star. I guess those people don't believe in second chances!)

It's New Year's, are you making any resolutions? I'm not and for the same reason as REBA MCENTIRE. We know we'll just break them! It seems last year she resolved to stop gossiping saying, "I imagined that every time I talk bad about people, my throat was going to get sore and that was my punishment .. .That is a hard habit to break, I promise you." Ms. Reba will have a new album out on her new label the Valory Music Group (home to Jimmy Wayne and Jewel) later this summer. (ahhh Summer!)