Wednesday, April 20, 2011

HAPPY EASTER

Photobucket

Hopefully Mother Nature will play nice and we'll have a decent weekend for egg hunts and candy.
Photobucket

Not to mention looking gorgeous in your new Easter outfit and hat for church. That was always a big thing when I was a kid - getting super dressed up for Easter. I remember the year I was about 6 and my pretty white dress with black patten leather Mary Janes.

We are hosting Easter for the first time this year so I'm really excited. We'll be dying eggs for the first time in over a decade. I can't believe the number of egg coloring kits out now. I have a regular one, a tie-dye kit, and a shiny egg kit that involves some kind of pretty wrap that makes the eggs look like jewels to me. (Yes I did buy three kits!)
Photobucket
My family always has an Easter egg hunt and our backyard is pretty bit so it will be fun to hide them. Since we are hosting we get to hide them. Adults and children compete - though we adults usually go pretty easy on the kids, so they end up with the most.

I have only bought 2 cartons of marshmallow eggs this year - which is amazingly good for us. It's our favorite Easter candy - I just wish they didn't come in huge styrofoam containers. The trick is to not buy a lot of Easter candy ahead of time so it can make its way into the eggs we hide.

I have been keeping up my Snap Fitness workouts and have been watching what I eat so I know I am still making progress with my healthy lifestyle. I know I can have a great Easter without feeling guilty. I still don't want to completely pig out, but I know I can indulge. I can have my Easter Eggs and eat them too!

Hope you have a wonderful Easter.
Photobucket