Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My take on American Idol Goes Shania

Sioban - "Any Man of Mine" - Go HOME Sioban! Totally, completely AWFUL last night! Well, her very last note, on the word Mine was very nice - other than that . I've grown very tired of her performances. That shriek was absolutely painful and I think the only reason that Simon was so nice is 'cuz he wants her to stick around. To say that her shriek sounded like she was giving birth, but then give her a pass is mystifying. Even more mystifying is Randy shouting "YES!" to that statement.

Michael Lynche - "It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing" - 2nd worse for me was Big Mike. Mostly 'cuz he sang my fav Shania song and he didn't do it justice. Her voice sounds scraped raw with hurt when she sings it - which is what the lyrics of that song demand - and I didn't hear that from him.

Aaron Kelly - "You Got a Way" - Not a fan of Aaron, so his performance didn't do anything for me either. He's going to have to improve a LOT for me to program any future music of his to WXRO. But he's young, so I think with work, down the road I would give him a chance.

Crystal Bowersox - "No One Needs To Know" - Crystal gave the only true country performance last night - I liked what she did with that song. A little twang in her voice too.

Lee DeWyze - "You're Still the One" - Truth be told I am very very sick of that Shania song he sang (except as an anniversary dedication - but outside of that it's overplayed for me). But I actually liked his version, and the more I listen to the clip I have of it the more I like it.

Casey James - "Don't" - the BEST of the night, and his best in a long time. I've been a fan of his since I heard an original from him. I do think the judges need to stop talking about his looks now. He is not a piece of meat and they need to stop talking about him like that.

I think I've made it clear who I want to see go home, but I'm sure she'll stay and it'll be Mike or Aaron.

Looking forward to the results show tonight for a change. Thou WTF does Shakira have to do with country week?

And every since Ryan got off the wall weird/rude a couple of weeks ago I've been looking at his eyes. Dude is totally tired! Wouldn't be surprised to see him backing off one of his many gigs at some point soon.