Thursday, April 16, 2009

Jo Dee Messina's coming to Milwaukee


Jo Dee Messina is doing something different for her next tour. The "Music Room Tour" will treat fans to an intimate solo acoustic performance that allows the audience to become part of the show. Jo Dee will sing her hits, like "Heads Carolina, Tails California," "I'm Alright," "Bye Bye," and "Bring On The Rain." Jo Dee will share the stories behind the songs, take questions from the audience and take requests. Jo Dee says this will "give folks the opportunity to get to know me on a more personal level. I'm leaving out the fancy production and using the show time to 'visit' with the audience for a while -- as if they were to come to the house and sit with me in my music room." She says, "I think it will be a lot of fun. Instead of going to see a show, the audience will be a part of a show."


The "Music Room Tour" launches in Verona, New York tonight. On May 4 she'll wrap the tour in Milwaukee at the Northern Lights Theater.