Tuesday, October 20, 2009

To Tweet or Not To Tweet

That is the question faced by all of us now isn't it? Afterall, we have to have all the details in everyone's life 'cuz we are so busy in our own we might miss something, right?

Many stars love to Twitter. Reba has even named her followers Tweebas! Brad Paisley Twittered after he won an award recently - from the podium as he accepted.

But don't look for Tim McGraw or Carrie Underwood to follow suit.

Tim told the Wall Street Journal, "As far as I'm concerned, there's a two-mile no-Twitter zone around me. The reason the music experience works is it's a vicarious thing. You go to a movie and you picture yourself on screen. You go to a concert and you picture yourself on stage. If you're too involved, all the magic's gone."

Love that!
BUT...how do you establish that "No Twitter Zone?"


That seems to be one of the reasons Carrie doesn't like it - she finds it a bit frightening, telling Billboard, "It just sounds like organized stalking to me. I'll be in a restaurant and I'll get home, and somebody Tweeted and talked about what I ordered and what I was wearing. In some cases that could be dangerous because you don't want everybody to know where you are in every second of every day."


Sounds like Carrie has a very valid point!