Friday, June 26, 2009

What a Sad Week :(


First we lost icon Ed McMahon. I didn't really watch The Tonight Show with him, but I watched him every year on The Jerry Lewis Telethon!








Then we lost Farrah Fawcett. I was too young to understand the power of "jiggle tv" or that poster, but I loved Charlie's Angels! And who didn't want that hair? Watching 20/20 last night and seeing the interviews with Barbara Walters you could really see what a classy, smart lady she was.





And hours after Farrah comes the shocking news of Michael Jackson's death! A man who changed the world with the music he made. A man who gave the media plenty of fodder in his later years.


For me, the death of Michael hits the hardest. He was one of my biggest musical icons in the 80's. Of course I have the Thriller album (It's actually my brothers - but I have it in my collection - don't tell). I will never forget waiting excitedly for the Thriller video to debut on MTV, or seeing him moonwalk for the first time. I remember loving him with Diana Ross in The Wiz ("Ease on down, ease on down, ease on down the road").


Say what you want about Michael Jackson in the later years, but he was still someone who was truly Iconic and changed the world of music and dance.