Thursday, March 19, 2009

American Idol Results

Shocker!!! Alexis went home!!! I know most people thought it was going to be Michael when they saw the final two! Craig (Warmbold) and I were talking about how shocked he was to see Allison in the bottom 3, but the fact is Idol didn't feature Allison at all until The Top 36, so she hasn't had the chance to develop a fan base like some of the others. Idol wasted too much time on jokes like Tatiana and Norma (don't get me wrong - I thought Tatiana could sing, but she was a fake drama queen, and I loved Norman, but neither had a chance to make it into the Top 12). I would be a bit miffed if I were the very talented Allison.

OK - I don't normally watch the Idol results show. I can't stand the fill. Plus, I am a LOST addict (therefore I must record it even when watching live), and I love Life (on NBC) so I don't waste my time on the results show except to channel surf over during commercials (and really that usually works out well for me ). But last night I wanted to watch the performances (Brad, Carrie and Randy - how could I not?) so I suffered. And boy it was painful.

That stupid group sing of T-R-O-U-B-L-E was...stupid. That is not a song meant for a group to sing (I thought they all sounded fine). It is meant for a guy to sing solo (and maybe it's the one Michael should have sang Tuesday!) not a bunch of guys and girls together. To me it had a creepy Partridge Family vibe. LOL

Brad Paisley debuted his brand new single "Then" (it was the first time the song was heard on national TV) and it was amazing. I didn't think it sounded that great because I thought his vocals were drowned out by the music, but the song itself was a swooner! (And Craig grabbed it off of itunes for me so we are now playing it on WXRO - request away!) I think it's gonna shoot up to number one for him. It is the leadoff single from his American Saturday Night album.

YouTube doesn't have the performance up from the show (perhaps for the reasons I sited), but there was something up there with the song, so I am posting that for you to watch/listen to.



Carrie Underwood and Randy Travis knocked it out of the park with their duet of "I Told You So." The fab Sharon who works here thought Randy would just look at Carrie with pride and amazement. I think she was right, but you can be the judge.