Wednesday, March 18, 2009

American Idol Goes Country

Randy Travis was the mentor last night (he has a new Greatest Hits in stores "I Told You So: The Ultimate Hits of Randy Travis"). I thought he did a great job.

just had to post some of the shows performances from last night.

I'm going to start with what I thought was the worst of the night. In my house, we laughed thru the entire thing! And then when we heard the recap we laughed hysterically again. Kara said she kind of liked it and I found a quote from a blog that I thought was a great description of the song, "seductively weird." I completely agree with Simon thou - it was "indulgent nonsense." Here it is.





Here's "hometown" guy Danny Gokey's take on "Jesus Take the Wheel." I thought the beginning was rough, but he brought it home nicely! I loved how he was so nervous to meet Randy that he kept screwing up!



One of my top picks last night was Anoop's version of "Always on My Mind." Just a stellar version!



Allison Iraheta is something else! She has a wonderfully original voice. She sang Patty Loveless's "Blame It On Your Heart."



I'm not going to put up all the performances - but wanted to add one more - my fav of the night - Kris Allen singing one of my fav songs. The Bob Dylan penned Garth Brooks romantic song from Hope Floats "To Make You Feel My Love." Kris was amazing!