Thursday, October 27, 2011

LONESTAR IS BACK TOGETHER!!!!


What a way to celebrate their 20th anniversary! Richie McDonald has rejoined the group! There will be a new album and a world tour in 2012! (no release date yet - but I'll let you know!)

Here's the statement Richie made. "Five years has come and gone since I left Lonestar. We've all tried other avenues and the fact remains that some things were just meant to be. With the Lonestar 20-year reunion approaching, Dean, Michael, Keech and I got together and have decided we have some unfinished business to take care of. I miss those crazy nights running around onstage making music with my band of brother."

Dean Sams (keyboardist) said, "We have so much more music to offer the country music fans, and truly feel they want us back on the radio and out on the road performing live for them. After a lot of soul searching and long conversations between all of us involved, we are energized and excited to be writing and recording new music together again!"

Drummer, Keech Rainwater added, "I think fans ultimately wondered if this was ever going to happen again, and it always seemed like the original Lonestar as a whole was better than the sum of its parts. (I wonder what John Rich - who was in the original Lonestar - feels about that statement.) I think that having a break for a while, will have sparked new ideas and great music, both live and in the studio."

Michael Britt says, "I'm proud of everything we've achieved in our career so far, doing things that not many bands have been able to do. But even after all that we've done, I think we still have a powerful drive to keep making music and doing new things."

Lonestar has sold more than 10 million albums since 1995 and have 10 number ones!

So what about the lead singer that took Richie's place? Cody Collins went on tour with Lonestar, and can be heard on their 2010 album Party Heard Around the World (and you can hear him on "Let Me Love You" on WXRO). The four reunited members of Lonestar wish him the best in his future musical endeavors. (I'm curious if/when we'll hear from Cody - who I thought was very talented).