Wednesday, May 4, 2011

RANDY TRAVIS TEAMS WITH CRACKER BARREL

Continuing a trend that irritates me - Randy Travis is releasing his latest album, Randy Travis, exclusively at Cracker Barrel. Why would an artist (especially one who has fallen out of - or has yet to really make it into the mainstream eye) want to limit who has access to their music? This makes no sense to me. It's even worse than artists who release their CD's widely, but you can only find the bonus CD's at certain outlets (I still haven't purchased the latest Keith Urban CD 'cuz you can only get the bonus CD - with a bunch more songs - at Target). This makes no sense to me. I could understand if it started there, and then went for wide release later. Other artists who have joined the exclusive Cracker Barrel club are Kenny Rogers, Craig Morgan, Jason Michael Carroll and the Grascals.

At least Randy and Cracker Barrel will both send a portion of the proceeds to the Wounded Warrior Project.

Randy says, “After touring quite a number of our country’s military bases and performing repeatedly for our troops, I can tell you that there is nothing as rewarding as doing these shows for our service men and women. The love they have for this country is inspiring and I am glad that Cracker Barrel, where I myself like to eat, is supporting such a worthwhile project.”

Cracker Barrel's Senior Vice President of Marketing Chris Ciavarra says, “We offer up this newest CD in our exclusive music program in the hopes that Cracker Barrel guests will enjoy some old favorites and discover some new ones. Randy Travis is very popular with our guests, and we like to believe that they will find this to be an exciting CD to add to their collections. We’re also pleased to be supporting Wounded Warrior Project by donating a portion of the proceeds from this CD to that organization.”

Randy Travis is available now if you would be inclined to travel to the nearest Cracker Barrel.

Here's what you'll find on the CD:

1. Forever and Ever, Amen
2. No Place Like Home
3. 1982
4. Better Class of Losers
5. I Told You So
6. I’m Free – Previously Unreleased
7. Forever Together
8. It’s Just a Matter of Time
9. She’s Okay and I’m Okay – Previously Unreleased
10. Deeper Than the Holler
11. Three Wooden Crosses
12. This Song Doesn’t Rhyme – Previously unreleased