Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bellamy's Think Britney Ripped Them Off

1/14 UPDATE

Now they are "weighing their legal options."

Now I really have to listen to this song to see what's going on. I still think it's ridiculous that they think they can sue - unless it is a blatent rip off sound wise it's just an answer song. Suck it up and take a compliment guys!


Britney Spears latest iTune number one is called "Hold It Against Me." David Bellamy of the Bellamy Brothers says they fell "completely ripped off." They feel that her song is a direct result of their 1979 song (that David wrote) "If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body (Would You Hold It Against Me)." Howard Bellamy says they "have no personal beef with Britney" (they say she's talented), but David asks "Where's the originality?"

Much ado about nothing if you ask me. It's a wonder it's taken this long for someone to do an answer track - if that's what it is - I haven't heard it. I think they should take it as a compliment.